Top 6 Leading .NET Trends in 2022
Technological development is happening so fast that it is getting a bit challenging to keep up with the latest .Net trends. However, more and more developers claim that they use .Net and .Net Core as well as machine-learning frameworks (especially deep learning platform TensorFlow, used in Xamarin too).
In this article, we are going to immerse you into the world of the latest in Dot Net technologies and frameworks trends our Intelvision team has pointed out.
What is .Net?
Briefly speaking, .Net is the whole range of technologies and services. It is a Microsoft invention, and it has got the entire infrastructure custom-developed. Moreover, .Net development is constantly changing: Microsoft team gathers a huge community that puts .Net technologies as a priority. This technology is trending and suits medium-sized and large companies the best.
Our dedicated software development team of professionals has profound experience in creating desktop applications as well as mobile applications using that or another .Net technology, framework and/or tool.
Is .NET still relevant in 2022?
.Net is not only relevant but also primary in the web development area. It is rapidly evolving and improving. As it is getting stronger, we may expect to receive even more features and functionalities in 2022.
Our advice is to keep your eyes on the ball and wait for what Microsoft is to offer in the upcoming year. .Net has already provided us with opportunities for app development, servers, and cloud storage. So let’s keep up with what is going to be next.
Top 6 .NET trends to look for in 2022
It does not matter if you have business in eCommerce, Healthcare, or any other industry, make yourself comfortable and read carefully about the latest technology trends for .Net. We have pinpointed the top 6 .Net trends to expect in 2022.
This open-source platform is something everyone was looking forward to for a while and it is .Net latest technology. We are talking about .Net 6 which is an open-source and cross-platform framework. In order for you to fully comprehend the value of this framework, let us give you the reasons to use it in software development:
- It is supported on Windows, Linux, and macOS so you may create desktop applications and platforms for all of them. What is more, it is a Long-Term Support (LTS) release as Microsoft claims.
- With this framework, you may develop a mobile app for Windows, Android, and IOS with the same code base.
- While using the .Net 6 you can either use existing or create (or deploy) your own cloud services. Moreover, the existing clouds can be used by any framework.
- In the 21st century, machine learning has become a tool to enhance one’s business, boost revenue and even attract new investments. According to statistics, the global market of machine learning was up to 8 billion dollars in 2021, and it is estimated to be up to 117 billion dollars by 2027. It is good to know that with the .Net 6 you can develop an application adding different algorithms, speech processing, and models.
- So far, it has been considered as the fastest full stack framework. The new version improves the performance and reduces the costs needed.
- One of the best things about this new .Net 6 is that .NET developers can spend much less time on writing code as these new C# 10 language features cut down on the amount of the required code to write.
- With such minimal web APIs, the microservices you write are faster and smaller, and it takes significantly less time and less effort.
- .Net 6 is also about unification as it puts together SDK and base libraries, as well as the runtime over browser, cloud service, desktop, IoT, and mobile applications. They all operate on the same libraries and share code.
- Moreover, together with Visual Studio 2022, .Net 6 is capable of intelligent code editing, robust diagnostics, hot reload, new git tooling, and different testing tools, and, of course, much better collaboration.
One more trending service is Azure Cloud, which is regarded as one of the leading cloud platforms (both public and private). Microsoft Azure takes almost one-fourth of the market and is especially popular among enterprises (90 percent of Fortune 500 companies use Azure).
The reasons to use Azure Cloud:
- It has many data centers, the number of which is constantly expanding. Due to this, it is easy to meet certain legal requirements and be closer to users.
- You may for sure rely on Azure as it is secured on many levels, and a lot of money is regularly invested in research and development and thousands of experts monitor its safety.
- Microsoft Azure provides a hybrid cloud offering that enables it to connect private and public cloud.
- Azure is the leader in terms of compliance offering. When developing apps and .NET platforms, you may protect all your data thanks to this Cloud.
- It is well integrated with other technologies and tools (e.g. Visual Studio, File Storage, Active Directory).
- Probably the most important reason to use Azure Cloud is that according to their privacy policies, no one is allowed to use your data and you know where it is stored. Basically, data is protected from advertising and marketing tricks.
One more trending service is Blazor which is a single-page application framework, and it is exploited when creating interactive client-side web apps using C#, HTML and CSS with .Net.
Blazor framework derives from ASP.Net features and enhances developers’ choice in tools and libraries while building different apps.
As we have mentioned with previous trending services, there are certain reasons to use the Blazor framework as well:
- You may create interactive user interfaces on C# (not using JS); subsequently, you get apps that are built of reusable UI components. You may also share code and libraries as client and server code are both written in C#. Such sharing is possible due to .Net Standard everywhere where .Net code is applied.
- What is common about Blazor is that client-side C# code can operate directly in a browser with the use of Web Assembly. Of course, it may alternatively operate on a server with the use of SignaIR.
- Moreover, Blazor code in the browser is no different from JS in terms of security sandbox conduct. However, web standards are opened with no additional plugins or transpilations when using Blazor.
- What is interesting about using the Blazor framework is that you may continue using JS for the client-side while building the whole logic in C#.
As we have already mentioned, machine learning is rapidly gaining traction. That is why ML.Net 1.4 is a must nowadays. It is also an open-source and cross-platform as .Net 6, but it is only a machine learning platform. It is also the latest technology in Microsoft NET technologies.
Probably, the main reason to use ML.Net 1.4 is that it is a machine-learning platform, but let us give you some other reasons to use it when developing apps:
- ML.Net makes it possible to build custom machine-learning models using C# and F# in the .Net ecosystem to easily integrate them into applications.
- With the latest separate version, you may create predictions using in-memory images. It means that you are way more flexible than ever before.
- ML.Net has the highest accuracy and speed of training. What is more, you can train that or another machine learning model to stop training when the precision is achieved. So, you may adjust training cycles to your needs.
- An important part of deep machine learning is integrating learning rate schedulers, which are present in ML.Net and bring some randomness into the system.
- This platform is designed in a way that you may use other frameworks in order to enhance machine-learning opportunities and brighten up your web application development experience. Among such services, there are image classification (or image recognition), object identifier, etc.
Security With .NET Framework
The development of any type of web application requires a rigorous look at its security features. It is not only because of the use of such modules as payment gateways, confidential and sensitive data but also data involved in the development process. The security with .Net framework has what it needs for privacy protection, support and security.
The reasons to implement it into your business web applications and complex websites:
- You get the support of MVC architecture (the latest technology in .Net Framework) with its features. It helps you to build net applications really fast.
- You may integrate code access security, ask for validation and implement encryption. This way you secure all the data, maintain privacy and get regular updates for security.
When someone asks, “What is the latest technology in .Net?”, we will answer Xamarin. It is a free open-source and cross-platform app technology used in order to build Android and IOS applications with the use of .Net and C#. Enterprise companies and software developers when creating native mobile apps rely on it.
If you want to build applications with the use of Xamarin, you are to develop using .Net Core 3.1 technology. Xamarin has many exciting features and reasons to use it:
- Every time you use Xamarin, you develop native apps that are apps that will work exactly the way users anticipate.
- As it is free, there are no fees even for commercial usage.
- When developing apps using Xamarin, you get access to a huge community that can always answer all your questions related to the web development process or different effective tools Xamarin has to offer.
- Xamarin is compatible with Azure, that is why you get access to an enormous storage capacity.
- Moreover, UIs are amazing with the use of Xamarin.Forms, which is an open-source mobile framework. Also Xamarin.Forms are cross-platform; so, when you build one application, you get both an Android and IOS app from the same codebase.
- Furthermore, being a part of the whole .Net ecosystem, 75% of the code written in Xamarin can be shared all over the platform.
As you could have noticed, there are a lot of options to choose from. In order to make the most of it, you should hire a trusted and experienced .Net developer who would create a customized app. If you are to build mobile applications, dynamic websites or business web applications, .Net has everything you need.
When your business is at stake, you should be well aware of the importance of choosing the right technology stacks. Intelvision can provide you with software development consulting services and introduce you to the best .Net opportunities for your type of business.