E-commerce software development requires deep analysis of the core structure of an online store. It is essential to adjust custom e-commerce tech parameters for the perfect functionality of a high-traffic website.
- Our client wanted to create an improved eCommerce platform built using WordPress that allows their customers to create orders and ship the goods.
- The main challenge of the project was the big amount of depots that our client uses to store and manage various shipping containers across the US and Canada.
- An additional challenge was a need to make a fast, optimized way of filtering and searching a needed container for the end customer because our client – it’s a big shipping container store with a lot of traffic on their website.
- Another request from our client was an urgent matter of implementing a custom container delivery calculation logic based on specific areas.
Tools we used
We Listen, Plan, Implement
We ran through a deep discovery stage and our WordPress Lead prepared an optimized, speed WordPress solution that solves all of the challenges.
Using our eCommerce development experience
Based on the best practices and eCommerce development experience, we built a platform based on WordPress and WooCommerce.
Special for our client
We built a custom and optimized database structure to make a fast, optimized way of filtering and searching a needed container based on the customer’s location possible.
Convenience in using eCommerce software is very important
We know that eCommerce software is used every single day, so we developed the custom theme, and product import/export feature for our client.
We have integrated the WooCommerce QuickBooks Online connector with WordPress Plugin for the automatic synchronization of orders.
We have integrated the “WP All Import from any XML or CSV” plugin for the possibility to easily import and store all the important data.
Simple user flow
The eCommerce flow process consists of 3 important stages that improve customers experience:
- choose and filter containers
- add them to the cart
- proceed to the checkout
Popular payment options (Stripe and ACH payment gateway )
We have implemented the payment integration funnels for a quick and accessible “checkout” procedure.
The order management feature for the eCommerce platform makes it possible to manage all the processes related to order creation, confirmation, containers delivery, and reports.
We implemented a chat feature for customers to receive a quick online consultation about containers and their shipping.
- Login/Registration/Forgot Password We made it possible for every person who requires access to the system, make registration, and change the password in case of forgetting it easily.
- Login with Facebook and Google This feature allows the customer to log in through personal Facebook or Google accounts for better convenience.
- Upload/download product list We have implemented the feature of a upload\download product list for a customer to save the chosen goods in case of a purchase or for making a decision later.
- Shopping cart We developed an advanced shopping cart for the best user experience, as it is the basic necessity of an eCommerce online store.
- Get a quote functionality We have created a helpful “get a quote” feature for customers that allows writing in detail all the information he wants to be contacted on later.
- Store management It is a basic necessity to have the functionality for the management process to track everything that is related to the online store activity.
- Social Media integration Images are automatically pulled from the Instagram page feed, thus, providing more traffic on the website.
What our customer says
The internal team is fully trained to successfully speeding up and manage all processes on their own. We communicated on a daily basis and the project management was consistent and rapid.